Saturday, August 7, 2010

banana pancakes

Saturday mornings have always been my favorite time of the week. I think it has to do with the fact that it's the time of the weekend where you realize you have two whole days to do whatever you want.

While I used to be excited to simply watch the morning cartoons, my excitement has shifted in expectations of lazy mornings and cooking decadent breakfasts/brunches.

Today I was a little caught off guard at how bare our fridge was of breakfast essentials--alas, we always have pancake mix. So banana pancakes it was (that makes TWO times this week of indulging...this time I eased off the peanut butter and just had a small spoonful on the side). Out of coffee, our sweet breakfast was complimented with cups of organic Earl Grey Tea. So this morning quickly became the culmination of two Jack Johnson songs- Better Together and Banana Pancakes :)

Now if I could only get out of my pajamas.









1 comment: