Tuesday, November 2, 2010

DIY: Golden Blossom Necklace

I saw this necklace on This is Glamorous and it reminded me so much of a piece I bought a few years ago that I haven't ever worn. I figured...perhaps if I transformed it, I would work it into my wardrobe for once (or twice)...I also figured that I haven't ever worn it so if it ends up looking shiteous I could just throw it out. So, I decided to give it a go...

The inspiration (retail $375)


Requirement: a trip to Michael's to pick up some gold spray paint...



The necklace, before (purchased at Forever 21 for $5.80)



and after the 24k gold spraypaint ($6):



ta-da! A glam inspired piece for a fraction of the price. This picture was taken after one coat, I'm sure I'll spray another when this dries. Please excuse my Chinese takeout menu ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment